Brain, Child Magazine


My friend Elizabeth gave me a subscription to this magazine for my birthday. It's a parenting magazine, but one of a different sort. I love it so much. It makes me feel respected. It's interesting and challenges me a bit, but not too much and I learn things and I'm also entertained. It's smart.
I used to get Cookie Magazine and I had a fascination with it and also a certain hatred for it. It made me feel icky. It was too glossy and too full of things I couldn't afford. It talked about things I couldn't ever do and a life that wasn't even close to the one that I lived. It somehow made me feel inferior. Other magazines like Parenting were too dumbed down, and too preachy.
Go to the Brain Child website and check it out. Link is here. Read an essay or two. Let me know what you think. I'm loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday