First Day of School



Both my boys started school today. Davis started at the San Marcos Montessori School. I already love the school and his teacher, but it was so hard to leave him since he was clinging to me and screaming, "Don't leave me Mommy!" at the top of his lungs.
After we dropped him off we had a half an hour before it was time to drop Sam off at his little Mother's Day Out program. He kept asking me where Davis had gone. "Is Dadis sleeping??", he kept asking me quizzically.
Sam's school is a bit more familiar to him since we spent four days there in the last two weeks while I took care of the teacher's kids. He seemed to do well and was at least not sobbing when I walked out the door.
I've already picked Davis up (the first day was short) and his teacher said he quit crying after five minutes and did great. Yay! We don't pick Sam up until three so think good thoughts at my little baby.
And think good thoughts at me too. Right as I dropped him off, another mother said, "WOW, I never left my baby until he was three." Just what I needed. I feel so guilty for putting him in his little program. It's only two days a week, but we will see if that seems like too much. If it is I'll bring him home. I hope he has fun.
XXOO, Amber
Mom of two big boys.

Comments

Oh pooh on her! Puh-leeze! I had AK in a short MDO at six months. She loved it, and so did I. He's great, and so are YOU. They looks so crazy grown up! :)

XOXO
Rach
Heather said…
That's right, pooh on her! Believe me, I'm counting down the days until I can put E in a Mother's Day Out program a couple of mornings a week. I think it's great for both baby and mom. Enjoy your time alone! You've earned it! xo, Heather
Unknown said…
triple pooh on her. Harris and Toby have been going to daycare since being cut out of Cindy's and my uteri! and they have turned out mostly ok (so far!). full time (7:30am - 5:30pm) at about 6 months for Harris and full time at 12 weeks for Toby. Toby is sooooo jealous that Harris started kindergarten yesterday. i bet your boys will love it! and you do deserve some time for YOU!
Becky Johnson said…
Ignore the judgy mom. Both my kids started at 18 months and loved every minute of it.

Yeah School!!!!
Debbie said…
I am in the process of trying to find a MDO program for B. I think he and Sam sound a lot alike with their advanced vocabs and sociability...so 'schools' for these guys seems like the perfect thing for them.
Glad everyone did well!
Reen B said…
Awwww love, I felt so bad when I saw how guilt-ridden you looked that morning! They'll do great and so will you! My two have been in full time daycare (and now preschool) full time since they were 2 and 3 months old and they are thriving. You are a wonderful mother and don't let the crazies tell you any different!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday