Mother's Day at Port A






We had a lovely Mother's Day weekend at the beach. My grandparents came with us and it was so nice to get to spend quality time with them. We drove down on Saturday and had a great time chatting and reading to each other out of the Untethered Soul. We arrived around noon and decided to skip nap and just head to the pool. We played all afternoon and then fed the boys and tried to put them to sleep. My grandparents came over to our condo and sat with the boys and coaxed a very tired and cranky Sam to sleep while Michael and I got to go out to dinner at a fabulous little restaurant in Port A.
On Mother's Day, the kid's brought me breakfast in bed. It was so funny to lie in bed and listen to them and their daddy work hard in the kitchen preparing my toast. They were so excited to make my toast and then when they saw it they insisted they stop in mid-breakfast making to eat my toast themselves. Then they resumed. Davis insisted that I have cherry tomatoes with my toast and Sammy kept yelling, "Mommy LOVES coffee!". Then Davis was so proud to carry the tray to bed and they both told me they loved me and crawled in bed with me and shared my breakfast. It was great.
After breakfast we sunscreened up and headed for the beach where we spent three hours building castles, jumping the waves and having a great time. I went on a run/walk all by myself and had a lovely conversation with my mom on the phone. (She's spending the week in New York.)
We all napped and cuddled and Michael called his mother. (We had sent her a neat tote bag with handprints of all her grandsons on it which was a neat trick since half of them live in Cali) We then spent the afternoon back at the pool which we had all to ourselves since it was Sunday afternoon and almost everyone had checked out.
Sunday evening I made a delicious dinner with garlic rosemary rutabaga fries, roasted asparagus and bacon wrapped marinated venison medallions. My grandma kept me company and Davis and Sam played on our new Wii fit while Michael and my Gramp grilled downstairs. Michael is becoming quite the griller!
And then yesterday we packed up and drove home. Michael mowed the lawn and I rushed to my garden to pick it's bounty. There was so much! I picked squash and beans and strawberries and radishes. Then we all went over to Mimi and Papaw's house and jumped in their pool where we played as a family until time to go home and have dinner and fall into bed.
It was a great weekend. Michael leaves for Dallas again today and we'll miss him, but he'll be back on Friday and it's a short week. We'll be just fine.
XO! Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday