Happy Birthday, Lucky!


We had an incredibly busy weekend. We helped my dad celebrate his birthday on both Friday and Sunday. His actual birthday was on Friday and so after quick parent conferences for the kids, we picked up my parents and we all drove out to Dutchman Winery for a tasting and then a lovely dinner next door at Trattoria Lisina. I had such a good time!
Saturday morning, Davis wiped out on his bicycle and we rushed to the doctor after he really gashed up his knee. The skin wasn't viable for the stitches he really needed, so he'll be bandaged and limping for at least a week. After that drama, we drove up to Austin and spent some time with my sister and Kade at their wonderful house before getting all gussied up and driving out to Michael's cousin Mason's wedding. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding. The location was gorgeous, the bride was gorgeous, the dance floor was gorgeous. I enjoyed getting to spend some time with the Walter family. I really am lucky to be married into that family.
We spent the night in my sister's guest house and Davis got to sleep in his cousin's room for the first time ever. We were all very grateful and pleased. We got up early and drove home, picking up the cake and quickly changing clothes before heading over to my parents' house to celebrate my dad all over again.
My mom threw a beautiful brunch for my dad with amazing music! Earl Poole Ball, Augie Meyers, Marcia Ball, Speedy Sparks, so many talented musicians jammed out on the back porch. I got to dance with my dad and my husband, visit with family and friends and watch my dad have a wonderful day. It was a great party.
We all crashed when it was over, heating up frozen pizza and watching movies. We were all totally partied out, but boy did we have fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday