More Fall in Littleton

It snowed the day we got back from Texas. But it melted the next day so all was well. Still, our beautiful fall foliage was interrupted and that made me sad. I spent the week running with dog, puttering around the house and staying busy. I met with a talent agency and got signed! The kids went to Snobahn for their lessons and Michael and I sat next door and drank wine at Indulge. It was a lovely week.
That weekend we had Catan night, carved our pumpkins, attended the Anastasis fundraiser and went to Elich Gardens. The boys also started their cotillion classes. By that Sunday evening though, I had caught a terrible cold and was down for the count. It was unfortunate timing as Michael had to fly out of town Monday morning.
I spent the whole week MISERABLE. I was so sick. Sick. Could barely make it up and down the stairs, couldn't breathe, ached all over, had a headache and then it moved to my stomach. In retrospect I think I could have had the flu. But it was bad. Yet still I parented and took the kids to their schools and lessons and even went had my hair colored from my natural silver/brown to dark brown per my agent's request. I think it looks nice, but I miss my natural color and I despair the years it took me to get there. They are WASTED.
I also spent hours researching our family foundation trip for next summer. I have so many destinations budgeted and researched, people. But the winner was Tuscany! So we will be heading there next summer.
Finally by the end of the week I felt a bit better, though not well. Michael flew home on Thursday night and I was so grateful and went straight to bed. We had a very chill weekend, sticking close to home. We went on Friday night with our friends to the Spooky Streets at Southglenn which were fun, but I have to admit my kids are outgrowing it. We had reservations at Parry's Pizza which I had confirmed TWICE, but of course, when we arrived, there was no place for us at the inn. We waited and waited and finally sat outside on their heated patio and it was cold and loud and the sour ales were not to my liking. But the friends were excellent and so were the pizza and so was the conversation so it was still okay.
The next day we raked leaves and Davis mowed the lawn and then Michael went to get Leah and Garrett from sportsing so we could keep them overnight while Suzy and Jason went out. The kids played outside in the gorgeous fall weather and Michael and I played Catan on our deck in the sunshine with glasses of wine and good music. Michael grilled that evening and then we all watched Goonies downstairs for family movie night.
Sunday morning we left the children and went to church. Our minister resigned and it was a big deal and there's lots of stuff involved in it and I was heartbroken because I love her. She really helped me after my dad died and we think she is amazing. But she did and we drove home and then went over to Kara and Ben's for Broncos/Kansas City sportsing. I had guacamole and gummy bears and it was good.
Michael caught a lyft shortly after in the early afternoon and went away again for work. I cancelled book group as I still didn't feel well and went inside to rest and read while the kids played. That evening I took them to Cotillion which was almost a disaster as Samuel had a terrible anxiety attack. We made it through, though I was seriously doubting my parenting there for a while.
And now Michael is gone again and the week is going by. I'm still feeling better every day. I even exercised this week! Unfortunately, our beautiful fall weather is gone and it's cold and rainy and is supposed to snow all afternoon and night to give us a white Halloween. I'm sitting at my desk in front of a space heater with the dogs curled up beside me. Michael will fly back in tomorrow in time for Halloween trick or treating. And I leave on Thursday morning at the crack of dawn for New York City with my mama and Tiffany and Denise. I'm really looking forward to it.
And now we are all caught up. XO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday