Block Party


Last year I offered to be HOA social chair so I could throw neighborhood parties. This seemed like a winning proposition as we don't have a big friend group and I wanted to throw parties where people came. It turns out to be a lot of work though.
Still, we do fun things. I wrote a grant to Littleton again and got a $500 grant to throw a block party. We also do monthly outdoor movie nights, but people here don't seem to love them the way they did in Texas. It's weird. They send their kids out, but don't come themselves. It seems like back home, people thought they were for the grown ups with kids being a bonus fun. I feel like tons of grownups counted on us to throw them and were so happy when we did. I miss that. I miss grown ups loving our movie night the way we did.
But that's not the point of this entry. The point of this entry is that we threw a block party. The weather was not our friend. It was super hot all day and then it rained off and on all evening. But it was still lots of fun and lots of people came. Lots! So that made me happy. We grilled and had a bouncy castle and my friend Ali made a million water balloons for an epic battle and I had Kona Ice come out to hand out icees and we set up our movie screen and watched Toy Story and I made popcorn with my popcorn machine.
It was a lot of work and a lot of fun!
I like my neighbors. They are really kind and helpful and lots of fun. It's why I keep doing these things. They are my community and my tribe. So it makes throwing a block party worth it. I'll probably do it again next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday