We're still Here


















The days go by so quickly! We work and the kids do online school Michael and Davis go to the hippie house every day. I teach online and do dishes and cook and cook. I walk the ranch every day with Holly. I work out. Sam and Davis have taken over my Gramp's old shop and they are building and making. They got an airbrush and compressor and love working up there. Davis is hardly riding his bike at all, though he and Sean did spend some time riding a trail through the ranch. We had another mardi gras themed murder mystery last weekend. We watched Steven Sondheim's 90th birthday live stream which made me cry it was so good. We watch movies on the big screen-Lord of the Rings, Stand by Me, Austin Powers, and also Survivor on Wednesday nights. I sit on the porch off of the guest room and swing on porch swing and read and smell that amazing jasmine hedge. It's my favorite thing to do. We build puzzles. We swim. Davis drives the mule around the ranch. Sam does his COA lessons on zoom every Sunday. We have zoom happy hours. Last weekend we ordered fresh oysters and taught ourselves to shuck them. This week I got some mature sourdough starter and taught myself the 36 hour process of baking sourdough bread.  It's getting hot. Days in the 80s and 90s are usual here. I walk earlier in the morning now. Michael has been running 5 miles every other day. He is working SO hard. He works 9 or 10 hour days and wishes he could have gotten more done. He loves it here though. I miss home, but Chris is taking care of Sookie and our garden. Suzy and Jason and the kids have a plan to come down here and visit us. Our metro counties in Denver are still under shelter in place until May 15. Texas opened up today, but we aren't doing it. We are staying in place until we need to go out. Mom and Paul are at the beach this week, but we decided to stay put. It's nice for all of us to have a week of alone time with our own. We have loved being roommates and I miss them, but it's good to have breaks as well. I talk on the phone to Suzy, and Chris and Maggie and Cheris and Tiffany and Kelly and those conversations feed my soul.  I miss my friends and wish I could hug them all. Mountain bike summer season is getting cancelled and cancelled. I still have hopes for July and August, but we shall see. I am cancelling things off my calendar every day. I feel so bad for seniors who were supposed to graduate this year. We are still waiting to see if the kids will get to do their summer camp, if we will be able to have our Walter Family reunion and if Sam will be able to go to Germany and Denmark with my mom in August as planned.
In the meantime, we are still here. We will still be here for another month we think. It is okay. Personally, we are safe, financially sound, and in paradise. I can't complain. I love slowing down and focusing on my family. I will do my best to focus on what we have now and find beauty in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday