Last Week in Texas










After the Danielsons left, we spent one last week in Texas. We tried to hit the highlights. Davis rode his bike, we swam in the river and pool, we ate Whataburger, we watched movies, we petted Razz. It was a sad day when we had to pack and box up the trampoline. We had one socially distant visit with Cheris and Violet at the pool. I ordered all my favorite HEB products to take home.
It was so hard to leave. We had 12 weeks of getting to live in Texas again on the ranch. It was really life changing for me. Despite the circumstances that brought me there, it was a really good thing for me. For the first time in four years since my dad died and we moved away, I made peace with the ranch. I forgave myself for leaving and gave myself permission to love and adore and miss it. I had the joy of watching my kids play the same games and explore the same terrirot that I did growing up. We got to be there for the very best weather Texas offers. I swam and healed my ribs and back. I spent lots of time with my mom and my grandma and got to know Paul even better. I spent really special time with my cousin Manie, I read books and walked miles every day. I reconnected with my children and Davis really flourished and reconnected with his brother.
If there is another lockdown, we will definitely return.
My mom has created such a beautiful, peaceful home and was so generous to share it with us.
I am truly so grateful and lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday